The GGF (glass and glazing federation) have today launched their new consumer web site myglazing.com
The GGF currently get 100,000 retail visitors to their trade body site yet just a small fraction of it provides any answers. The site seeks to promote the benefits of dealing with GGF member companies.
Formed in 1977, the Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) is the industry’s main trade federation looking after a number of home improvement companies each of whom have to abide by the high standards set by the GGF.
Consumers are assured that using a GGF member they can expect that company
- has financial stability and has been trading for a minimum of 3 years – there are no phoenix companies in the GGF.
- has been vetted and has premises, products and employees fit for purpose.
- employs trained professionals to ensure your installation is to the highest technical standards as outlined by the GGF Glazing Manual written by the industry’s leading experts.
- complies with the GGF Consumer Code of Good Practice which has strict requirements on the conduct of Member companies and ensures they comply with all relevant consumer legislation. All GGF Member Companies are audited on a regular basis to ensure their compliance read more here
- offers you free automatic deposit protection using the GGF Deposit Indemnity Fund set up in 1981 – now the industry’s best deposit protection that safeguards your deposit and instalments of up to 50% of the contract value or £12,500 (whichever is lesser). read more here
- offers you free access to our Conciliation Scheme in the unlikely event of a dispute with a GGF Member Company. Rest assured you will not be left alone, the GGF will help resolve the dispute and if it cannot be resolved (very rare) then the Glazing Arbitration Scheme is there to help you reach resolution read more here
- offers you transferrable warranties – should you sell your property, you can advise the buyer that the guarantee can be transferred over to them by the Member Company who fitted your windows for a reasonable fee.
So make the right choice for your home.
Use “Find a Member” search and get the right company for your home improvement project, start here by visiting myglazing,com.